Indiana Healthcare Provider Training
We feature American Heart Association Training Courses
We are an American Heart Association authorized training site and provider of CPR and ECC Courses.
Why Everyone Should Learn CPR
- About 80 percent of all out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occur in private residential settings, so being trained to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can mean the difference between life and death for a loved one.
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after cardiac arrest, can double a victimís chance of survival.
- Approximately 95 percent of sudden cardiac arrest victims die before reaching the hospital.
- If bystander CPR is not provided, a sudden cardiac arrest victimís chances of survival fall 7 percent to 10 percent for every minute of delay until defibrillation. Few attempts at resuscitation are successful if CPR and defibrillation are not provided within minutes of collapse.
- There are 294,851 emergency medical services-treated out-of-hospital cardiac arrests annually in the United States.